Street Stock Rules
All General and Safety
A. Body and Weight
1. Any American coupe, sedan, or truck with a 101 or greater stock
2. The chassis, engine, and body must be the same make (i.e.: no Ford
engines in GM cars).
3. No convertibles. Wagons and hardtops are legal.
4. No coil-over spring cars.
5. Complete stock appearing bodies and bumpers are required. Fabricated
replacement body parts must be made to strongly resemble factory body
6. Bumpers must be chained/secured to the frame in such a manner to keep
them from dropping onto the track and/or being dragged along the track.
7. If the grill is removed, expanded metal must be put in its place.
8. All doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
9. All trim and accessories must be removed from the sides, front, and
rear of the body, including chrome moldings, trim rings, emblems,
windshield wipers etc.
10. All glass must be removed, including lights and lenses.
11. All flammable interior parts must be removed.
12. Inner fenders may be removed.
13. A racing seat must be used.
14. The hood and trunk must be welded, chained, or pinned down.
15. All under-hood accessories may be removed.
16. All holes in the firewall must be covered in steel (not aluminum) of
at least the same strength as the firewall.
17. The battery must be secured and separated from the driver.
18. Uni-bodies must be tied together.
19. The factory floor pan, or equivalent material, must extend rearward
past the drivers seat.
20. If the car has an enclosed interior, it must have an inspection door
that can be easily detached or opened with a hinge or dzus fasteners.
21. The car with driver must weigh at least 3000 pounds at the end of
B. Fuel Cells
Fuel cells are mandatory and must be securely installed, in the trunk
area, with at least two 1 wide by 1/8 thick steel straps.
C. Engine and Transmission
1. The #1 plug must be even with, or in front of, the upper ball joint.
2. Any OEM-style iron block may be used.
3. No aluminum heads are permitted. Cast iron heads only.
4. Any style camshaft, lifters, and rockers may be used.
5. Any style intake and headers are legal.
6. No magneto-style or crank-trigger ignition systems.
7. All engine parts must remain GM-GM, Ford-Ford, Chrysler-Chrysler.
8. All cars must use factory automatic or manual (3 or 4 speed)
transmission. No aftermarket transmissions.
9. If using a manual transmission, the clutch must be mounted to the
crankshaft. Ram couplers or similar devices are not permitted.
10. Fluid lock automatics and mini clutch standards are permitted on
11. All cars must have a steel scatter-proof bell housing.
12. All cars must have neutral, reverse, and at least two forward gears.
Cars must start in neutral using a working starter and then go into
forward and reverse gears.
13. No traction control devices of any kind are permitted.
D. Carb and Fuel
1. A Holley #4412 500 CFM 2 barrel must be used.
2. The carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1 11/16
4. The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8 size.
5. One inch maximum carb spacer including adapter if used.
6. No electric fuel pumps.
7. All cars must run gasoline. No alcohol, additives, or nitrous oxide
E. Suspensions, Steering, and Brakes
1. All cars must remain on the correct suspension for the car that it is
2. Racing springs allowed on front and rear.
3. Rear springs must be mounted in stock location.
4. Racing shocks are allowed.
5. Front shock must be mounted in stock location.
6. Rear suspension components must mount in stock location.
7. All control arms must be stock length and mount in stock frame
8. Front lower control arms must remain OEM style.
9. Front upper control arms must be non-adjustable. Tubular upper
control arms may be used.
10. Rack-and-pinion steering only allowed if the car came with it stock
from the factory.
11. All cars must have a functioning brake on all four wheels.
12. Aftermarket brake pedals and master cylinders are allowed.
F. Tires and Wheels
1. Steel racing wheels are required with a maximum width of 10 inches.
Beadlocks are permitted and are recommended on the right rear.
2. Studs must be 5/8 diameter and utilize a 1 lugnut.
3. Any asphalt pull-offs are allowed, but they must not be softer than a
4. No recaps are allowed.