Mini Stock Rules
All General and Safety
A. Body and Weight
1. Wheel base must remain factory stock.
2. No all-wheel drive cars permitted.
3. Wheel wells may be enlarged to clear tires.
4. Doors may be gutted to add door bars.
5. Inner fenders may be removed.
6. All cars must have a full stock floor pan extending past the rear
7. All cars must retain the stock fire wall.
8. Sheet metal (late model style) bodies are permitted.
9. Cars are permitted to have a plastic or aluminum nose piece.
10. No bars are permitted outside of the body.
11. No sprint car style wings permitted.
12. Spoilers can be no more than eight inches tall, including all angles
and wicker bills.
13. Chassis cannot be altered from 0” in front of the A-frame to the
back of the rear spring.
14. The driver must be completely shielded from the radiator.
15. The battery must be in the rear of the car, separated from the
driver, and completely secured.
16. Doors must be welded or bolted shut.
17. All cars must have a racing seat and racing harnesses.
18. All cars must weigh 2300 pounds with driver at the end of each race.
All cars with roller camshafts must weigh 2500 pounds with driver at the
end of each race.
B. Suspension, Steering, and Brakes
1. Suspension mounting points must remain factory stock.
2. Suspension links must be geometrically identical to OEM links and
pass inspection with the track gauge..
3. No 2-link, 3-link, 4-link, Z-link, etc. rear suspensions are
4. Aftermarket springs are permitted.
5. All springs and shocks must mount in factory stock location.
6. Rear end must be stock OEM equipment.
7. Locked rear ends are permitted.
8. All steering components must remain factory stock, except a quick
release steering wheel is highly recommended.
9. Quick steer is permitted.
10. Caster/camber plates are permitted.
11. Cars must have 4 wheel brakes.
12. Brake proportioning valves are not permitted.
C. Fuel Cells
Fuel cells are mandatory. All fuel tanks must be securely installed, in
a steel container, in the trunk of the car, with at least two 1” wide by
1/8” thick steel straps.
D. Engine and Transmission
1. The engine must remain in the factory stock location.
2. Naturally aspirated, four cylinder engines only.
3. The maximum allowed displacement is 158 c.i. or 2.6L.
4. Factory stock blocks only.
5. Aluminum heads are only permitted if they came from the factory on
that make and model of car. ARCA heads are not permitted.
6. All engine parts must remain GM-GM, Ford-Ford, Chrysler-Chrysler, and
7. Head may be shaved, ported and polished.
8. Stock-style ignitions must be used.
9. MSD style ignition boxes are permitted.
10. Any hydraulic or solid lift camshaft can be used. If a roller cam is
used, the car and driver must weigh 2500 pounds at the end of each race.
11. Any header is permitted.
12. A factory stock automatic or manual transmission must be used.
13. Factory torque converters must be used in automatic transmissions.
14. Aftermarket clutches and flywheels are allowed.
15. All cars must have neutral, reverse, and at least two forward gears.
Cars must start in neutral using a working starter and then go into
forward and reverse gears.
16. No traction control devices of any kind are allowed.
E. Carb and Fuel
1. Cars may run either the factory stock carb, factory stock fuel
injection, or a Holley 4412 2 barrel only.
2. The carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1 11/16”
4. The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8” size.
5. One inch maximum carb spacer including adapter if used.
6. Factory stock fuel injection is only permitted if it came from the
factory on that make and model of car.
7. If electric fuel pumps are used, they must be wired through an oil
pressure shut-off switch.
8. All cars must run gasoline. No alcohol, additives, or nitrous oxide
F. Tires and Wheels
1. Any tire may be used as long as it fits within the track tire hoop.
The hoop is based on an American Racer KK 704 tire and checks the width
of the tire from sidewall to sidewall.
2. Racing studs and one inch lugnuts must be used.
Those items not addressed above must remain stock and in the factory
stock location as produced by the original manufacturer.