2013 Factory Stock
All General and Safety
A. Body and Weight
1. Any American coupe, sedan, or truck with a 101 or greater stock
2. The chassis, engine, and body more be the same make (i.e.: no Ford
engines in GM cars).
3. No convertibles. Wagons and hardtops are legal.
4. No coil-over spring cars.
5. Complete stock appearing bodies and bumpers are required. Fabricated
replacement body parts must be made to strongly resemble factory body
6. Bumpers must be chained/secured to the frame in such a manner to keep
them from dropping onto the track and/or being dragged along the track.
7. If the grill is removed, expanded metal must be put in its place.
8. All doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
9. All trim and accessories must be removed from the sides, front, and
rear of the body, including chrome moldings, trim rings, emblems,
windshield wipers etc.
10. All glass must be removed, including lights and lenses.
11. All flammable interior parts must be removed.
12. The inner fenders may be removed.
13. A racing seat must be used.
14. The hood and trunk must be welded, chained, or pinned down.
15. All under-hood accessories may be removed.
16. All holes in the firewall must be covered in steel (not aluminum) of
at least the same strength as the firewall.
17. The doors may be gutted to allow for installation of roll cages and
18. No further gutting is allowed.
19. The battery must be secured and separated from the driver.
20. The body and frame must maintain at least 5 1/2 of ground
21. Uni-bodies must be tied together.
22. The factory floor pan must extend rearward past the drivers seat.
23. If the car has an enclosed interior, it must have an inspection door
that can be easily detached or opened with a hinge or dzus fasteners.
24. The car with driver must weigh at least 3400 pounds at the end of
B. Suspension, Steering, and Brakes
1. All cars must remain on the stock suspension for the car that it is
2. Racing springs are allowed on the front and rear.
3. No mono-leaf springs or spring sliders are allowed unless originally
4. No adjustable or cheater weight jacks are allowed on the front or
5. No heim-mounted shocks permitted. Shocks must be OEM style.
6. Front shocks must mount in stock location.
7. Rear shocks must mount in approximately the same location as stock.
8. Only one shock per wheel is allowed.
9. No spring assisted shocks are allowed unless originally equipped.
10. Front control arms must be mounted in stock location and may not be
11. All rear suspension components must be non-adjustable, mounted in
stock frame locations, and mounted in as close to factory rear end
locations as possible (i.e.: if a Ford 9 rear end is installed, the
suspension components must be mounted as they were on the factory rear
end, with geometries matching as closely as possible).
12. The use of chains or other devices to limit suspension travel is not
13. Rear springs must use stock upper spring pads in stock location.
14. A Ford 9 housing is highly recommended. Floaters are permitted.
15. Rack-and-pinion cars must use factory stock parts only.
16. No alterations of chassis or steering components are allowed, except
a quick release steering wheel is highly recommended.
17. Quick-steer is permitted.
18. All cars must have a functioning brake on all four wheels.
19. Aftermarket brake pedals and master cylinders are permitted.
C. Fuel Cells
Fuel cells are mandatory. All fuel tanks must be securely installed, in
the trunk area, with at least two 1 wide by 1/8 thick steel straps.
D. Engine and Transmission
1. The #1 plug must be even with, or in front of, the upper ball joint.
2. Factory stock iron blocks only. No aftermarket blocks. No strokers.
3. GM-362 ci maximum. 3.480 stroke with no more than +.060 bore. No
400 ci blocks.
4. Ford-362 ci maximum. 3.500 stroke with no more than +.060 bore.
5. Chrysler-370 ci maximum. 3.578 stroke with no more than +.060 bore.
6. Crankshaft must remain stock or stock replacement aftermarket. No
light weight or forged steel aftermarket cranks permitted. Knife-edging
is not permitted.
7. Rods must remain stock or stock replacement aftermarket. No light
weight, H-beam, or billet rods permitted.
8. All cars must have an inspection plug in the side of the oil pan
large enough for a bore scope to be inserted and placed in a position to
allow easy inspection of the crankshaft and rods. It is recommended to
place the inspection plug even with the front of the sump, approximately
two inches below the bolt flange.
9. Flat top or dish pistons only.
10. Engine must not generate over 160 psi of compression when cranked
over a minimum of five times, at normal speed, hot, with throttle
11. Engine must not pull less than 18 of vacuum at 1000 RPM.
12. All cars must use a hydraulic camshaft. No solid lift or roller
camshafts are allowed.
13. No roller, solid, or bleed-down lifters permitted.
14. No roller or roller tip rocker arms permitted.
15. All heads must be unaltered (except for valve sizes) OEM with no
larger than 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valves.
16. Screw-in studs and guide plates are allowed.
17. No stud girdles are permitted.
18. GM-Minimum 74 cc combustion chamber.
19. GM-Approved casting numbers: 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339X,
3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X,
3973493, 3951509, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993,
20. Summit Racing part number SUM-152123 SR heads may be substituted for
the casting numbers listed above. If used, these heads must remain
unaltered and used out of the box.
21. Ford-Minimum 69 cc combustion chamber.
22. Ford-No aftermarket or SVO heads permitted.
23. Chrysler-No aftermarket or W-2 heads.
24. Chrysler-360 ci heads only, except 318 ci heads are permitted on 318
25. No porting, polishing, blending, or gasket matching, except valve
seats can be blended with cutters.
26. Must use unaltered OEM cast iron two or four barrel intake.
27. No high-rise, performance OEM, or marine intakes permitted.
28. No gasket matching, porting, polishing, acid dipping, or any other
alterations allowed to intakes.
29. No Bowtie intakes permitted.
30. Cast iron exhaust manifolds or headers are allowed. No tri-y or
exotic headers are allowed.
31. Must use stock-style ignition. Stock-appearing aftermarket coils and
modules are allowed.
32. Standard transmission-Must use factory stock OEM or OEM replacement
clutch disc and pressure plate on stock steel OEM or OEM replacement
flywheel. Mini clutches are not permitted. Lightening of the flywheel is
33. Automatic transmission-Stock-type working torque converters and
stock flywheels required.
34. All cars must have neutral, reverse, and at least two forward gears.
Cars must start in neutral using a working starter and then go into
forward and reverse gears.
35. No aftermarket transmissions are permitted.
36. All cars must have a steel scatter-proof bell housing.
37. No traction control devices of any kind are permitted.
E. Carb and Fuel
1. An unaltered Holley #4412 500 CFM 2 barrel must be used.
2. The carb must pass inspection from the top side with the track
3. The bottom of the carb must be no larger than 1 11/16
4. The ventura must remain stock, 1 3/8 size.
5. One inch maximum carb spacer including adapter if used.
6. No electric fuel pumps.
7. All cars must run gasoline. No alcohol, additives, or nitrous oxide
F. Wheels and Tires
1. Steel racing wheels are required with a maximum width of 10 inches.
Beadlocks are allowed and are recommended on the right rear.
2. Studs must be 5/8 diameter and utilize a 1 lugnut.
3. Approved tires-275/60/15 or smaller street tires, asphalt take-offs,
American Racer KK704, KK704 Short, or Hoosier G6015 with or without
4. No tires may be softer than a 50 compound.
5. No recaps are permitted.
Those items not addressed above must remain stock and in the factory
stock location as produced by the original manufacturer.